SiBlog Logo

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Alpha Dog

Rating: B-
When I read an article about this movie over a year ago in one of my magazine I was actually quite interested in seeing it. First of all it seemed to be an "indie" movie, secondly I love drug movies, and lastly I love true stories. I was a little skeptical since the cast had JT and one of my all-time favorite horrible actors Bruce Willis, but I figured I would give it a chance. So I watched for it in the local independent theaters, but after not seeing it for months I figured that I had missed it. Then.....Poof!......it was showing on the big screens. So my girlfriend, who is a big JT fan, and I went to go see it last Friday. This is what we thought-

The movie started off with some horrible acting and I thought we were in for a long night, but as the movie progressed the acting got better (or I got used to it). The storyline, though it was familiar to me, was very interesting and I found myself hooked into the movie. By the climax I felt like I was actually involved in the whole mess that they had got themselves into, and though I knew what was going to happen, I didn't want it to happen.

Overall the movie was put together pretty well. It kept my attention and reeled me in. The acting was horrible at times, but also pretty good at times and surprisingly I thought JT wasn't too bad. I don't know how closely it follows the true story, but I thought it did a fairly good job. In my opinion it deserves a 'B-'.

No comments: