SiBlog Logo

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Apple's iPhone

So less than a week after canceling my contract with Cingular and purchasing a Blackberry Pearl through T-Mobile, Apple Inc. (new name) announces the iPhone. I am not a fan of Apple, infact I usually say that I hate Apple, but this phone looks pretty amazing and could very well revolutionize the industry. Functionality of the iPhone includes an 8 GB iPod (Video and Music), Web Browser (not just text like my Blackberry, but actual color html websites), Email system, Map system, and....oh yeah a phone. No buttons, all touchscreen and very smart technology at that. The device also is only a little bit bigger than a SLVR (acording to this comparison)! Read this review by Gizmodo.com who actually got to use the product for 15 minutes.

The iPhone has had such an impact on the industry already in its less-than-24-hour life that it has plummeted its rivals stock. Check it out
Black = RIM/Blackberry
Yellow = Palm
Blue = Apple
Green = Nokia
Red = Motorola

This revolutionary product is being offered by Cingular and Apple in June (I believe) for a measly $599 plus 2 year contract. Some say "Who would want to spend that kind of money on a device like that?", I think we all know that the Apple fanboys across the world will be buying them as well as everyone who wants the latest and greatest in technology. I think the better question is "Who would want a two-year contract from Cingular?". Some are skeptical of how it will fare in the market but I think it is safe to say that it will be changing the way we look at phones for the future.

Here are some more pictures for everyone:






No comments: