SiBlog Logo

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My First Flash Game

Since I have been playing a lot of free flash games online, I thought that I would look into creating my own. So after reading a few articles, it seemed like it was relatively easier to do than with other languages so I thought why not. I then downloaded a trial to to SWiSHmax, which is a Flash tool similar to Macromedia, and began to play around. I figured that if I played around with it I could figure some stuff out on my own.....And I did - I figured out how to draw a pretty picture and how to make a bunny hop across the pretty picture. Unfortunately this doesn't make a rad game to play, rather just a sweet movie to watch. So, I found a tutorial of how to make a game. I pretty much followed what the tutorial said, stuck in my own picture and *bam!* Simon's first flash game. The object of the game is pretty complex - you scramble the picture and then you unscramble it.

Now, for all of you out there who now want to hire me to create sweet flash movies and games, I have some bad news for you. The trial was only for 14 days and has since expired......but if you want to buy it for me I would be fine with that.

No comments: