SiBlog Logo

Monday, March 19, 2007

Two Newly Found Firefox Add-ons

I have recently added two more add-ons to my firefox browser that I figured I should share with everyone.

ReloadEvery - I have been looking for something like this for a long time. What this add-on does is refresh specific webpages based on the time that you designate to it. For some this may not be useful, but for people like me that use digg, webmail and other sites, this add-on is amazing. I leave my browser open all day and it drives me nuts when I have to keep logging into email, forum accounts, and news blogs. So what I do is just set a refresh time amount to each different website that I want and leave the rest alone. Now if I need to run to a meeting for an hour I can come back to my computer and not have to worry about logging back into everything!

Foxmarks - I was a little hesitant about this add-on at first but now I am completely sold. This add-on came in real handy recently because I just got a new computer for work and wanted to get all of my bookmarks off of my old work computer and my home computer....now all three are synched up! What you do is download the add-on and create a Foxmarks account. Once signed into your account it stores all of your bookmarks out on a Foxmarks server. If you edit or add to your bookmarks it will synch it up once you exit the browser. If you want to synch up your bookmarks to another computer just download the plugin to that computer and then have it grab all of your bookmarks stored out on the Foxmarks server. It is also great way to backup your bookmarks list in case your computer crashes.

No comments: