SiBlog Logo

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Fashion

All right, boys and girls, since Spring is here and the weather (should) be getting nicer, I'm going to give you a little tutorial, with the help of Nordstrom.com as to what to wear for Spring/Summer 2007.

Today I'm going to work with the men. I don't know how many ladies actually read this site, but considering all I really see is male comments (for now), I'm going to touch on the men. Now men, fashion is an important thing, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Being a woman, I tend to look at the type of style a man has. You can usually tell the type of personality they have, if they are more high-maintenance than myself, or if they just don't give a S*&T. Personally, I care if a guy puts time into themselves. I'm not talking an hour's worth of time, but someone who knows how to dress and if they are with a woman, dress out of respect of her. I mean, you wouldn't want to go on a date with some woman that rolled out of bed with greasy hair and dirty smelly clothes, would you? Women don't want that in a man either.

So, here we go.

Shirts: Silk screening and embroidery are definitely the trend for Spring/Summer 2007. Now, guys, please take into consideration with this that less is more!! You don't want to buy a t-shirt or a collard shirt that has the screening or embroidery all over it - so much so that you look like an quilt, but little details that accent the shirt are great. Take a look at the shirts below. You'll also notice that the plaid "western" shirts are also in. I love those.



7 Diamonds "Rock this Town" Embroidered Stripe Shirt




7 Diamonds "Love at First Sight" Western Shirt.





Juicy Couture Short Sleeve Vintage T-Shirt


Pants/Shorts: Plaid shorts are definitely "in" this summer. Quicksilver has several great pairs to choose from with different colors and plaid patterns/sizes. Longer shorts are a must this summer, more of the "board short" look. Jeans also have a hint of design to them. This can usually be found on the pockets or the hem of the jeans. Put these jeans below with one of the shirts found above and you're ready to go!


Quicksilver "Santiago" Plaid Shorts




William Rast "Danny" Flap Pocket Bootcut Jeans


Shoes: Sneakers and sandals are going to be the thing to wear this summer. But throw those old Tiva's away and grab a new pair of Pumas. I thought these two pairs below were pretty awesome. They're sporty, fashionable and most importantly, comfy. I put in the green pair for Simon. I thought he'd think those were spiffy. In fact, I think he had a pair in high school pretty similar??



Onitsuka Tiger™ 'Fencing LA™' Sneaker






Puma 'RS100 LE' Running Shoe


Well there's a quick fashion tutorial for you. All of the descriptions are links to the product at Nordstrom. If you want any advice or ideas for future fashion posts, just leave a comment!

6 comments:

Simon said...

I have been thinking about designing my own shirts and actually created my first one the other day! I conjured up all the sewing secrets that I learned at my Grandmas house and put together a pretty sweet shirt....I think. I will try to take a pic and post it next week.

I did have a pair quite like those green machines back in the day.

Nice post!

Paige said...

oh my gosh, that's awesome! Definitely post that pic.

I thought you had a pair like the green ones...that was ages ago!

Zach said...

Sorry ladies and gents, two Words "Puffy Paints"! Oh yeah and nothing beats my Riveted Jeans.

Zach said...

Oh yeah, next time you decide to put up pics of me let me know, So I can approve. YOu got my bad side.

Luke said...

damn it feels good to be a gangsta and not have to worry about dressing all pretty like the nancypants in the pics(not Zach though)

Zach said...

Thanks Luke!