SiBlog Logo

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Zach!!!!!!!


Since it is the birthday of one of Teh SiBlog posters, let's take a look at some interesting information about April 18th:

Special:
-International Jugglers Day
-National Columnists Day
-National School Librarian Day
-Zimbabwe – Independence Day.

Events:
-1506 - The cornerstone of the current St. Peter's Basilica is laid.
-1906 - An earthquake with an estimated magnitude of 7.9, destroys much of San Francisco, California.
-1923 - Yankee Stadium, "The House that Ruth Built", opens.
-1946 - The League of Nations is dissolved.
-1987 - Mike Schmidt joins the 500 home run club.
-1999 - Hockey player Wayne Gretzky's number (99) is retired league wide in the NHL.
-2005 - Adobe Systems announced an agreement to acquire Macromedia.
-2007 - The US Supreme Court upheld the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in a 5-4 decision split along partisan lines. (just today!)

Births:
-1947 - James Woods, American actor
-1976 - Melissa Joan Hart, American actress

Deaths:
-1955 - Albert Einstein, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1879)

4 comments:

Simon said...

Happy Birthday brother!

Zach said...

Thank you very much! I'm still confused about the picture. I like it I'm just not sure if it represents dirt or poo or what the scary masked snork is.

I was also thinking last night about this whole Birthday Phenomenon. I'm 27 and it's actually a little disturbing, a year closer to 30. I started to question the whole birthday celebration event. We celebrate getting older, but why don't we celebrate our last day as a being who is a year younger.

I think I would have rather celebrated my last 3 to 4 hours of being 26 instead of my first hours of being 27. You know 26 is now gone and I'll never see that age again. Might as well go out with a bang, right. However, That's not customary birthday celebration tact. So in the future a 2 day celebration is not only adequate but mandatory, the day before and the day of.

Right now I feel like I need a stump to hug!

Simon said...

Well...it was the first image that popped up on Google when searching "Happy Birthday Doctor", so I naturally went with it. I don't know the contents of the cake but I don't think you should be whining...at least you got one!

Good call I think that is a snork (http://www.momofreaksout.com/media/2/20060815-250px-Snork_01.jpg) or maybe even a close relative to the anteater off of the Pink Panther (http://www.maiaw.com/anteater/cartoons/toon8.jpg).

Good call! Rules should be:
- 21 & under shall celebrate their birthdays on their actual day of birth because they want to be older.
- 22-65 shall celebrate their birthdays the day prior to their date of birth to celebrate their last day at that age. This is because they dread to be any older.
- 66-? shall celebrate their birthdays on their actual day of birth. This is because they are fairly old and every extra year of life is a plus and should be celebrated.

Thoughts?

Zach said...

I like those rules. Very Good!