SiBlog Logo

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Random Bacon Bites #4

Beer battered bacon wrapped cheese injected hot dogs

After looking at these pictures and reading this article I am determined to make a food creation like this one. With some culinary background I may just be able to pull it off!

You definitely need to go read the original article taken from The Stranger. In the meantime, let me walk you through the steps. First you hollow out your hot dogs with an apple corer or some other utensil like so...
DSCN1647

Next you take your Cheese Whiz or generic fake cheese in a can and pump it into the hollowed hot dog like this...
DSCN1650

Then, grab the most important ingredient, Bacon, and wrap it around the hot dog like so...
DSCN1659

Next, grill the hot dog until the bacon is done. After that remove the hot dogs and let them cool while you mix up the beer-batter. Simply mix beer with flour and you will have your batter. They recommend using a darker beer as it gives more flavor and calories. Next dip the hot dogs in the batter like this...
DSCN1681

...and then deep fry until golden brown, Waa-laa!
DSCN1686

You have successfully created one of the world most unhealthy but delicious treats. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Everything about this looks wonderful, except the cheese.

Cheese == yuck

Simon said...

@jeff - Ya I agree, I don't think I could handle but one of these

I think you're crazy just like me said...

holy crap! I can feel my arteries hardening already hehehe...just me perusing other blogs ;)

Simon said...

Thanks for stopping by, come again