We all remember Mister Roger's, his cardigans, sneakers and crazy puppets like Prince Tuesday, Henriatta and King Friday. I felt it was about time to give him some respect. Below are some facts about the man and the mystery; Mister Roger's.
Mister Rogers Facts:
- 10 ½: Fred Rogers' shoe size
- 24: The number of cardigans Rogers had over the course of his career
- 4: Number of Emmys that Rogers won
- 8: The percentage of households tuned in to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood at its ratings peak, in 1985.
- 1: Number of times Rogers appeared on television as someone other than himself (he played a preacher on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)
- 33: Number of seasons that Mister Rogers' Neighborhood produced new episodes
- 25: Number of pages the magazine would have had to use to print every award and recognition that Rogers had received
- 40: Number of honorary degrees awarded to Rogers
- 998: Number of episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
- 5: The age that Rogers began playing piano
- 200: Number of songs Rogers wrote during his career
- 60: Number of seconds of silence that Rogers would ask for at speaking engagements; he would instruct the audience to use the minute of silence to remember those who helped them become who they were.