SiBlog Logo

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The New Garbage Pail Kids: Just As Digusting As You Remember

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of my favorite things about the 80’s were Garbage Pail Kids trading cards…in fact it is on my Top Ten Products I Miss From The 80’s list.

So anyways, a week or two ago my girlfriend and I were out picking up a few things from Rite Aid. When we went up to the register to check out my girlfriend literally screams in shock, “Look, Garbage Pail Kids!”. I didn’t believe her until I saw it with my own eyes. Astonished, we both got about three packs each and went out to the car to open them up. At first I really didn’t know what to expect, I didn’t know if these were going to do the originals justice or if they were going to make a mockery out of them. Many products from the 80's that have been brought back have been completely disgraced and I was worried that this might happen to Garbage Pail Kids. So to say the least I was a little skeptical, but when I opened up my first pack all my worries were laid to rest. Not only were these cards funny and disgusting, but some of them were absolutely vile! We went through each of our packs laughing and disgusted. One of the cards entitled “Zitty Zak” showed this boy shooting down ducks from one of those carnival stands with his pimples. I figured that the cards from the past would have been way nastier but I think that they are very comparable. The packs included trading cards, scratch n’ sniff cards (that smelled awful), tattoos and even bubble gum! I also noticed that they had a website (garbagepailkids.com) so I had to check it out and the picture above is the result of that. The one on the left is mine and the one on the right is my girlfriends (she says hers is supposed to look like me). All you have to do to create your own is just register a name and password...no email is involved so don't worry about getting spam. They also have E-cards online that you can send to friends, family, co-workers or whoever you want. Check out the "Christina Ugliera" E-card it is foul. So if you are out and about and want to rehash the past, go find some Garbage Pail Kids cards

Who can make the most disgusting card? Send them in to our email and we will vote on them in the weekly poll!!

UPDATE: The functionality of viewing a card that was sent to you via email seems to be broken....so unfortunately if you want to send us your card you are going to have to take a screen print of it

3 comments:

Walter Stonewall said...

how do we make our own cards

Simon said...

Sorry.....Updated a link to the site

Simon said...

UPDATE: The functionality of viewing a card that was sent to you via email seems to be broken....so unfortunately if you want to send us your card you are going to have to take a screen print of it