SiBlog Logo

Monday, June 25, 2007

this Week in Science: Novel Sources of Energy



The Spinach powered home - Powere by a solar energy using Photosystem I plant pathway found in spinach. It also collects and filters stormwater and uses soy based wood panels.


















Self Sufficient Gym - I've been waiting for something like this for probably 10 years. This gym is powered by the work of the users on the machines. The work is converted to electricity to help with lighting needs.














Fruit Fuel - Scientist have been able to isolate a sugar found in fruits that can be utilized to as a low carbon fuel source. It is said to contain far more energy than ethanol.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Really cool! I want one of those gyms around here so I can drop my 24 hour fitness membership!