This Week in Health, Fitness and Science
- Good Week for:
- Hairy Women - A recent study showed that spearmint may help reduce breast and facial hair on women.
- Chicken Legs - Those of you with small legs may have hope! MSN health and fitness shows some leg workouts to beef up those tiny legs.
- Prostitutes - A recent study showed that Green Tea may help prevent HIV infection.
- Chocolate and Berries - More evidence showing that chocolate is beneficial for the heart and black raspberries can help reduce GI cancer. So add it in to your bacon rich diet!
- Fish out of water - Swiss researchers have come out with a 'Swimming Blimp'. A new blimp looks like it swims like a 'brook in the water'. Check it out!
- Bad Week for:
- Men who drink tea - Since evidence shows that spearmint may decrease testoserone levels in men and women. Verdict is out women more tea, men more beer, everyone wins!
- Smokers - another strike against smokers. Aparently new research says that apartment tenants don't appreciate their neighbors bad habits. So some cities are looking at banning smoking from apartment complexes.
- This weeks real SHOCKERS! You'll be blown away once you read these!
- More exercise and less TV helps kids lose weight! But what if the TV they are watching is PBS' 'Sit and Be Fit'?
- Heavy drinking and drug use is associated with higher rates of STD transmission. Who'd have thought! I know what can fix that problem. More 'Kumbaya' around the campfire! http://www.samhsa.gov/newsroom/advisories/0703281912.aspx
Map and calculate your running mileage - a pretty sweet website for runners.