SiBlog Logo

Friday, February 15, 2008

Toasty the Toaster Schnitzel

Photobucket

I caught wind of this new extraordinary "Toasty" product from a link posted by one of my readers. Apparently this product is supposed to be a schnitzel that you cook in your toaster, kinda like a Toaster Strudel but with meat instead of sugary fruit...oh and no sugary topping to spread across the top. So what exactly is a schnitzel? Well, lets see what trusty Wikipedia says....
...is a traditional Austrian dish and popular part of Viennese and Austrian cuisine, consisting of a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried.

So simply put a schnitzel is pretty much a breaded veal cutlet....but this product doesn't seem much like a breaded veal cutlet. Infact, it seems more like a cross between fish sticks, a Toaster Strudel (as I said before) and some mystery meat. So kinda like a flattened hot dog with bread crumbs. So is it good!? I dunno, I think it is only a German/Austrian thing and I don't think it has been release to the public yet. I would be curious to see what one tastes like but maybe I should have a normal schnitzel first so I have some thing to compare it to.

Anyways here is the commercial for it....

No comments: